Very Important Note: Before submitting your paper, please consider the following criteria: (a) the paper must be written in proper English, following the Journal’s guidelines (samples can be found on each Journal’s website or could be sent to you upon request); (b) the first section of the paper should include an introduction where the aim (including scope and research question) of the paper is well defined. The last paragraph of this section must include a short outline or roadmap of the various parts of the paper which includes the introduction as the first piece; (c) the second section of the paper should include an up-to-date literature review; (d) methodology and discussion of the findings/results or general arguments, etc. must follow; and (e) the final section of the paper should communicate clear conclusions. Papers not meeting these requirements will be desk rejected.
- Papers must be submitted in English only, using the following paper submission form (click here), in Microsoft word format only, along with the author(s) declaration form. Papers should be between 5,000 and 10,000 words. An abstract must be included, which should not exceed 200 words. Not all journals follow the same system/referencing style. However, at this stage of paper submission, please, follow the paper guidelines found in the link: http://www.athensjournals.gr/ATINER_Journals-Format.pdf. Only authors may submit papers. Only original research will be considered for publication. Articles that have been published elsewhere or which are being currently considered for publication elsewhere, must not be submitted. ATINER uses Unicheck (unicheck.com), a cloud-based plagiarism detection software that examines similarities/citations/references texts, to determine the percentage of original content in each paper. All submissions will be checked before being sent to reviewers and uploaded in the special website section of “papers under review” (https://www.athensjournals.gr/review).
- The review process might take from an average of six months up to one year to appear in the list of forthcoming papers of the journal pending that they are accepted. We would appreciate it if authors do not put time demands on ATINER’s administration as the whole process of publishing does not depend on them but on editors and reviewers who are themselves, like yourself, academics and researchers. Given the large of number of submissions, please if you do not hear from us within four months, send us an email requesting the status of your paper, but not earlier. The double blind peer review process described at: https://www.athensjournals.gr/reviewprocess.pdf starts as soon as the final paper is submitted and only after the author has provided formal declaration of consent for the publication. Papers accepted subject to revisions requested by reviewers and then authors decide to withdraw their paper, they should be informed that the blind copy of the paper will remain on the website (in the section of “papers under review”) for at least 12 months after the date of an official notification of withdrawal by the author/s. This is to avoid malicious strategic behaviors since the whole processing of the paper review at ATINER is free of any charge.
- An accepted paper is uploaded in the forthcoming list of the eJournal which is a formal certification that the paper will be published in one of the forthcoming issues of the eJournal. These papers can be officially cited with the indication that they are forthcoming. There is no “waiting list” as such for the paper to appear in a future issue but the editors decide which papers to appear in the next issue based on criteria of homogeneity of the papers’ theme. Sometimes they form a kind of a special issue.
- There is no submission or publication fee. Authors are notified that the process is very competitive, and that on average for all our publications less than 20% of papers considered, are finally accepted for publication. Thus, before submitting, make sure that your paper meets the academic standards of scholarly research. Please, make sure that you have reviewed and cited the most important and recent English references that relate to your research. You may always review the papers published in one of ATINER’s journals which relate to your research.
- ATINER reserves the right to republish the article in a book collection without the authors’ permission. This will be an ATINER’s publication only and the e-book will be offered for free.
- ATINER does not require the transfer of any copyright. The authors retain the full intellectual property rights of their paper.